Do you want to work for a company which could be a gamechanger within the energy sector? Do you have what it takes to work in a young and growing company? Are you our new colleague?
At Seaborg Technologies we are hiring an experienced Nuclear Engineer responsible for the design of nuclear structures, systems, and components (SSC), who can help us to develop the SSC that constitute our reactor. The position will form an integral part of the Engineering Department and will interface and collaborate with teams of Analysts, Engineers and Chemists, both internally and externally with technical partners, sub-suppliers, and regulatory stakeholders.
- The design and configuration management of systems, structures, and components (SSC) that constitute the CMSR, from requirements through final design and requirements verification, and documentation thereof
- Ensure safety, reliability, operability, compliance, manufacturability, and compatibility of SSC – continuously, iteratively, and proactively revisiting requirements, solution concepts, calculations, drawings, operating procedures, etc.
- Identify and ensure effective application of appropriate design codes such as ASME, ANSI, etc.
- Analyse and apply regulatory criteria and standards to complex SSC designs
- Participate in planning efforts and maintain schedule for design activities
- Represent Seaborg in contact with external stakeholders, including sub-suppliers, technical partners, and regulatory authorities
- Create and manage work packages of SSC designs
- Conceptualise, analyse, assess, and document design solutions for the CMSR and associated experimental campaigns
- Investigate and collaborate with multidisciplinary teams to answer technical questions and reach decisions to maintain progress with engineering design
- Apply engineering judgement and hand calculations
- Liaise with sub-suppliers on design, construction and procurement of SSC
- Prepare and review technical documents at all scales, from general assemblies to parts, in addition to system requirements and design description documents
- Nuclear Engineering degree
- At least 5 years of relevant experience working on the design of nuclear SSCs
- Experience working with fluid systems
- Familiarity with high-performance materials in challenging environments
- Experience with planning, preparing schedules and tracking progress
- At least 5 years of relevant experience working with design engineering
- Experience in the nuclear industry and with nuclear-grade materials
- Familiarity with high temperature fluid systems and relevant standards, such as ASME BPVC Section III and AFCEN RCC-M
- Experience managing projects with external team members
- Knowledge of systems, structures, components, and equipment from the nuclear industry, as well as their supply chains
- Strong attention to detail and quality and ability to see projects to the end
- Ability to creatively approach and overcome design challenges, while retaining motivation over multiple iterations of the same design
- Patient demeanour with willingness to explain, justify, negotiate, and provide guidance in a fast-paced environment
- Assertiveness to raise concerns, especially about potential pitfalls, but flexible to commit when a decision has been made
- Team player able to interact with, listen to, and understand specialists and managers in a wide variety of technical disciplines
- Reflected around the concepts of ownership, teamwork, and technology risks, and safety
- Natural flair for communication with respect for others
- Great organizational skills and ability to apply structure to a busy working day for yourself and your team
- Ability to know when to take the helicopter view, and when to dive down into the details
- Stamina to drive the long haul projects
- Committed to contributing to the overall success of Seaborg
WHAT WE OFFER
- The chance to impact the global energy landscape
- An opportunity to have influence in a young and fast-growing company
- A varied social calendar driven by team members (board-game nights, sports groups, summer company trips, family events, beer brewing etc.)
- Flexible hours
- International team
- Available opportunities and support to advance your personal development
- Significant stock warrants for all new employees
At Seaborg Technologies we are developing and bringing to market an advanced and innovative molten salt reactor technology to provide safe and sustainable nuclear energy to the world. We are working closely with regulators, shipyards, and the nuclear industry to produce floating advanced nuclear power plants by 2025.
Our success is entirely due to our brilliant and passionate team of employees - a team we are currently in the process of expanding with more world-class talent to achieve global impact.
We are based in Denmark, a country known for its high quality of life and extensive social welfare system. Read about all the benefits of living in Denmark in here.
Intrigued? Please submit a motivational letter and CV. We look forward to reading your application and, if all goes well, changing the world together.