Do you want to work for a company which could be a gamechanger within the energy sector? Do you have what it takes to work in a young and growing company? Are you our new colleague?
At Seaborg Technologies we are developing and bringing to market an advanced and innovative molten salt reactor technology to provide safe and sustainable nuclear energy to the world. We are working closely with regulators, shipyards, and the nuclear industry to produce floating advanced nuclear power plants by 2025 with a growing international team from five continents.
Our success is entirely due to our brilliant and passionate team of employees - a team we are currently in the process of expanding with more world-class talent to achieve global impact.
Seaborg Technologies is hiring a talented and driven engineer with expertise in stress analysis to further Seaborg’s CMSR design efforts. The successful candidate will be part of Seaborg’s Analysis team and will play a key role in the development of the Seaborg CMSR through advanced stress analysis. The work will be carried out in accordance with both internal and external QA compliance. The role will entail working with a wide range of stakeholders including our design and engineering teams.
The successful applicant must be able to perform assigned tasks thoroughly to completion with a high attention to detail with limited supervision. The ideal candidate has experience analysing structures and components under high temperature and the creep regime as well as structures and components exposed to irradiation damage. Furthermore, the CMSR is being designed around the BPVC ASME framework and the successful candidate should be able to work within this or easily adapt to it.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
- Apply stress analysis to verify CMSR design requirements
- Develop and define testing methods and strategies, in compliance with relevant quality assurance systems, for ensuring the correct behaviour of the CMSR under operational and accidental loads
- Ensure that the CMSR design complies with the relevant design regulations, rules, codes, standards, and guides
- Identify, report and document shortfalls in the CMSR design via stress analysis
- Support other engineers on stress analysis
- Perform, document and present static, dynamic and thermo-mechanical stress analyses using analytical models and FEM tools to support and verify development of the CMSR
- Develop requirements and methodology documents as well as design and technical study reports
- Implement appropriate standards, such as BPVC ASME Section III/VIII, to analyse and review systems, structures and components, including linear and nonlinear stress analyses
- Prepare recommendations and design criteria for design teams
- Interact with other disciplines and CFD engineering specialists to allow effective coordination of design activities and resolution of technical problems
- Independent planning of own work in accordance with deliverables and deadlines
- Prepare high-quality technical reports
- Review technical work from other team members
- Master’s degree in relevant engineering field
- At least 5 years relevant experience working with mechanical engineering and stress analysis
- Experience with nuclear applications and working with nuclear/industry codes such as ASME BPVC Section III/VIII or RCC-M/RCC-MR a prerequisite
- Strong understanding of solid mechanics, stress dynamics, and thermal stress analysis with a solid grounding in the theoretical background
- Demonstrated strong experience with setup, execution, and post-processing (geometry, mesh generation, and model selection) using commercial grade FEA software such as Ansys Mechanical, Femap NX Nastran, Siemens Star CCM+
- Excellent understanding of fatigue and creep mechanics principles
- Ability to clearly and efficiently communicate advanced technical results and recommendations to a wide range of stakeholders
- Proficiency in NQA-1 quality assurance standard
- Experience with project planning
- Experience with Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) analysis and stress coupling to CFD
- A strong sense of detail and analysis. You are a finisher who can work and plan independently
- Team player and strong communicative skills – able to interact with many different stakeholders within a wide variety of technical disciplines
- Willingness and patience to mentor and train younger engineers and interns within relevant technical skills
- Result-oriented and committed to contributing to the overall success of Seaborg
WHAT WE OFFER
- The chance to impact the global energy landscape
- Significant stock warrants for all new employees
- Flexible hours
- International team
- Available opportunities and support to advance your personal development
- A varied social calendar driven by team members (board-game nights, sports groups, summer company trips, family events, beer brewing etc.)
- A modern office space near the most vibrant area of Copenhagen
We are based in Denmark, a country known for its high quality of life and extensive social welfare system. Read about all the benefits of living in Denmark in here.
Intrigued? Please submit a motivational letter and CV. We look forward to reading your application and, if all goes well, changing the world together.